CellFacts approached Oneflow with the view to outsourcing the entire assembly and delivery of its CellFacts II System, a complex fluid handling scientific instrument with electro-mechanical, pcb and Class 1 laser assemblies at its core.
With increasing internal activity focused on driving sales and developing applications for its customers, CellFacts had two primary needs in outsourcing to Oneflow;
- Lack of internal expertise to ramp up its manufacturing to meet demand
- A need to set a scalable cost for the supply of the instrument, avoiding taking on further internal fixed costs.
Working with Oneflow
In the first stage of working together, Oneflow carried out an initial build of one Instrument.
During this build Oneflow;
- Established the Bill of Materials
- Identified engineering and manufacturing issues with solutions
- Established and sourced components and suppliers
- Designed the manufacturing and assembly system and process
- Provided a full quote and costings for the supply of the instrument
Upon successful completion, CellFacts and Oneflow signed an agreement for ongoing supply.
Oneflow purchases the components, manages the inventory, assembles, tests and calibrates the instruments and is responsible for quality, costs and on time delivery to the CellFacts schedule.
Benefits to CellFacts
- Reduced manufacturing lead time vs internal build
- On time delivery of complete CellFacts II system to Customers
- Ongoing drive for cost down led by oneflow
- Freed up internal resource to focus on CellFacts core activity
- Known and scalable cost and reliable source of supply
- Close working relationship with Oneflow with fast response
- Engineering resource to resolve issues and support Change Control
- Expert resource to efficiently manage materials, suppliers and logistics
Value Added Services
Oneflow are now providing other services to CellFacts as part of our ongoing relationship.
- Supply of parts for aftermarket
- Supply of service kits for the CellFacts Service team
- Engineering Change Control, BOM management and CAD drawing updates and management
- Engineering resource for re design, product enhancement and resolution of ongoing issues